Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Styling An Antique Baker's Rack




I've been considering the possibilities for this antique baker's rack I just found. Rather than loading it down to capacity, I want to show off every one of it's fabulous chippy rusty features.




I'm feeling that we are at the russet end of summer. And while rust colors used to be a major part of my palette back in the day (pumpkin colored walls and carpet, and deep colored sofas, for instance),  I hardly even recognize that person now! The old wool rug that blends with the terracotta floors is about all I have left from that era.




I've been looking for the perfect place for this old Victorian picnic basket that I first showed you a few months ago. It makes for excellent storage on the bottom shelf.




I chose a few willow baskets to crown the top.




The shelves are perfect for larger platters and serving pieces, and for showing them off!




And I like having a place to put these napkins on display. The cheery piles of linen can be rotated as often as you want. I prefer linens at hand rather than tucked away where you can forget about them.









Beautiful swirls.




The baskets hold bits that I have gathered here and there, like the sunflower head from the public gardens last fall. I almost tossed the dried lemons some time ago, but so glad I didn't! Their color seems to deepen every year. And I love the bunch of dried hydrangeas that my sister-in-law and her husband sent me in a big box last winter from up at the villa. 


















A good spot for the large wicker tray to gather a few handy table things.





So that's me. What are you up to?
So nice that you stopped by for a visit!

Hope you're having a fantastic week!

Jacqueline





Join me at






Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar