Hello there everyone..
Stopping by this evening to share some photos of the Keepers of the Home's visit to Kings Landing Historical Settlement here in New Brunswick last weekend..
It was a beautiful Fall day and the temperature was perfect for visiting the village..
We arrived at the settlement around ten o'clock last Saturday morning and walked into a 1800's style Thanksgiving preparation..
Each house was busy cooking and preparing tables for the next day..
Homemade pies and pickles and even whipped cream were all on display...
Fireplaces were blazing as veggies were being peeled, chopped and cooked in cast iron pots..
Herbs such as mint were being made ready for teas and they were drying on racks in every house..
Soups, custards and puddings were being baked in wood stoves ..
It sort of made us hungry.. grin..
Homemade scarecrows were all made ready for a contest the following day and we were able to vote for our favorite..
I loved all the bouquets of flowers that the ladies of the each house had on their tables as well as all of the lovely old dishes..
One dear soul gave us a little tutorial on napkin folding and we were able to video it..
My special joy. though are the pantries..
I love them all but the first picture is the one I always remember..
Perhaps it is the green which I favor so much..
There were pumpkins, squash and hanging corn and onions in most old porches and barns..
The little girls were so pleased to be able to paint, dress up in old costumes and even deliver a teacher's pay.. smile..
Then we all went to the Kings Head Inn for a lovely Turkey Dinner..
It was delicious and served in such an old fashioned manner..
We even had a taxi back to the parking lot.. grin..
Believe me after doing all that walking I appreciated this the most of all.. smile..
All in all it was a lovely day with some precious ladies ..
I feel so blessed to be part of such a dear group of sisters in the Lord..
Thank you so much for dropping by and as you know I love hearing from you all..
Have a great weekend, my friends...
Faye..

0 Yorumlar