Good evening from New York.
It is another of those early August evenings when we feel the pressure in the air and know that a thunderstorm just might be coming by for a visit. We have not invited the storm, but the storm will still come calling.
I have no idea of what sort of plant is in this photo that I took earlier this week at the Union Square farmers market. The hiding red bits are little peppers and the leaves are a melange of purple and green.
I stopped by this particular garden plant stand at the market to let the lady in charge know that I am still managing to keep a pretty little succulent tree-like plant alive. I purchased that plant from her in the late spring. I am not lucky with house plants on my apartment's window sill.
I am, however, lucky and honored to having been given a Kreative Blogger award by the marvelous blogger Pondside. If you have not before visited this lady's part of the world, I urge you to click over there right now.
Accepting that Kreative Blogger award requires me to list ten somewhat interesting things about me that you might not already know. I will treat that "already" lightly in the following list.
I. My September birthdate allowed me to just barely avoid the dreaded current Baby Boomer label. It also allowed me to be a Virgo. I do think that there might be something valid in the whole star sign concept.
II. I have two younger brothers, both of whom are blue-eyed blondes.
III. Television did not enter my life until I was about seven. I was able to read at age five, and still prefer reading to television watching. Movie going, however, has always delighted me.
IV. I love celebrating Christmas, the carol-singing church part, the tree decorating, baking, gift giving, card making and sending, visiting with friends ... and long ago, visiting with family, too.
V. Reaching young adulthood in the early 1960's was a gift. The era's spirit of change gave me courage to set out on my own, leaving my familiar Virginia, discovering New York.
VI. I've always looked a bit younger than my age, and so some folks have not always realized that I did have a older head than it appeared. There have been advantages and disadvantages to this.
VII. Although I have never been married, three or maybe even four men proposed to me. It has been a long time since all that took place. I do enjoy my own company, but still have that notion that a certain Prince Charming might magically appear. I also hope that one day I might be able to have a dog. I very much regret not having had any children, although I continue to have contact with lots of folks much younger than I am...some of these folks could easily be my grandchildren.
VIII. When at college (university) I had the good fortune to meet Georgia O'Keeffe, and even more good fortune to have her compliment me on my then current art projects.
IX. I continue to be very thankful to a former boyfriend who encouraged me, back in 1982, to take a solo trip around Europe, making lots of use of a Eurailpass. When I returned to New York, he dumped me while I was still suffering from jet lag. All these years later, I am still so glad to have had that long holiday.
X. Overall, I am also thankful for very good health, although my skin cancer surgeries on my face (by a top notch NYC surgeon) were quite traumatic. I urge each of you to be wary of the mid-day sun, use sunscreen, and have regular check ups.
What an odd collection I have offered to you readers. I have decided, with Pondside's approval, not to pass the KB challenge on to any specified bloggers. However, if any of you all are intrigued to come up with your own bouquet of ten, please do a post and let me know of your decision.
Let the record show that the air is still thick, and the thunderstorm is still offstage.

0 Yorumlar