
OMG. As I was walking through the train station today I noticed something - a bad review of the Dior collection on the front of the Irish Independent - I was surprised, then I realised - apart from the make-up which I liked- no one liked the collection.
I mean no one.
There were some almighty damning reviews. I do mean damning. I've hand picked a few of the best :
(about the rumour that Gaytthen is to replace Galliano) 'If ever a germ of truth existed - this show proberely quashed it.'
- Women's Wear Daily
I like Gaytthen, he's a sweetheart - but he's not a designer
- Cathy Horyn
'The immaculate Dior polish was not evident, for the most part the clothes looked like over bright costumes.'
- Cathy Horyn
'There was, bar a jacket or two in the mix - acknowledging Dior's legacy.'
- Style.com
The headline on the front of the Indo was : 'Post-Galliano, Dior loses it's lustre.' which sums up pretty much what was to follow :
'The collection in Paris yesterday was the first in 15 years not to be designed under Galliano - and it showed'
'The show felt like watching a bunch of ideas thrown together - like watching three seperate shows - non inspiring shows at that.'
'Given yesterdays tepid response - it seems likely that Gaytthen will prove more of a stop gap measure'
'Gaytthen told journalists that Gallianos departure hadn't made much of a difference in the creative process but the runway belied his words.'
'......Accessorised with the cheap glitter covered novelty headbands you might wear to ring in the new year...'
Wow, Now, I am going to throw a statement out there and see how people feel about this one : Is it possible that this the industry way of supporting Galliano? I mean, you can't be seen to support someone outright who makes a racist comment - if you look at the way the industry has protected it's own in other scandals - but racisim? It's not done.
However, if you do feel like making a statement, then this is a good way to go.
I do feel sorry for Gaytthen, because this is not an easy job and it does seem as if people went in there to hate rather then support.
However in saying all that, the collection was bollocks - I loved the make-up, I always do. But then the clothes - I got confused when writing about the make-up as the make-up seemed really lovely and star filled, but then there were these massive cubes and 80's style things which didn't really sit with the style.
It really was like watching a collection of weird shows jammed together - so I agree with the Irish Times, although I will admit that I haven't seen the entire collection, most of it but not all. I dunno....

0 Yorumlar