Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Winter Florals - Transparent Flowers Pink Green Floral, China Glaze For Audrey


A rare instance where I'm posting a mani that's actually on my nails right now!

[We're past mid-winter, aren't we? Springtime soon!]
I was pretty pleased with this floral combination~ =) Transparent foil transfers are fun because you can completely change the look depending on what base colour to pick.

[Bottle to nail: China Glaze For Audrey (1-2 coats)]
I started with a base of China Glaze For Audrey. To be honest, I picked this up because it's just one of those polishes that should be in one's polish collection...

[1-2 coats: China Glaze For Audrey]
It is very pretty though! And I managed to get away with one thick coat or two thin ones. The formula is pretty good and levels quite well even if you don't get your strokes completely even.

I then popped some foil glue on and waited for it to be tacky. The absolute minimum I would wait is 5 minutes. 10 minutes is even better. The longer you wait, the better your chance of transferring the entire pattern without breaks!

[Base: China Glaze For Audrey (1-2 coats); Foil: Gold Floral Meadow]
Tada! Here we go! This is Transparent Flowers Pink Green Floral (!!), a semi-transparent foil with pink, teal, and gold highlights. I've seen it foiled over white and that looks pretty too but I love florals on blue so I wanted to try this combination out!

[Base: China Glaze For Audrey (1-2 coats); Foil: Gold Floral Meadow]
As for topcoat... remember, you can not use quick dry formulas with foil transfers! A cheap, non-wrinkle topcoat that I've found is Essence Gel-look topcoat! Not only that, it dries fairly fast and gives a nice glossy finish. Bonus! I actually ordered some nail foil sealer so I'll let you know how that goes once I receive it.
 
[Base: China Glaze For Audrey (1-2 coats); Foil: Gold Floral Meadow]
One more close-up! Foil transfers don't last very long though! They tend to peel fairly quickly but one way to reduce that is to add a fresh layer of topcoat every day. I usually don't bother... because peeling polish means... NEW MANI TIME! =p



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar