Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Jennifer Lawrence: ‘I’m just an actress. People need to stop being a-holes’

Jennifer Lawrence


Jennifer Lawrence is everywhere right now for Mockingjay promotion. Here she is outside of the GMA studios (you can see that interview here). I skipped writing about JLaw on Friday to give you guys a break from the onslaught. So I’m playing catchup with a lot of her NYC promotion, and she’s already back in LA ahead of tonight’s premiere. Photos of her leaving SoulCycle on Sunday are in the gallery.


There’s a ton of stuff, so let’s start with Jennifer’s interview with the Telegraph. She complains about being famous twice. She redeems herself by saying she’s “just an an actress” and not a world leader or anything. Oh, and her new $7 million home is filled with Ikea furniture. Ha:


The time she helped a friend pick out a dog: “It was a really great day but I didn’t realise he was taking pictures of me with his phone which he later sold online. I don’t want to have to question every person that comes into my life but at the same time I have reason to. I don’t want to change but people need to stop being such a**holes.”


She likes cheap furniture: “I have perspective because I didn’t grow up in this business. I’m not from Hollywood, I’m from Kentucky. I didn’t become successful until a few years ago and I’m very aware of what the real world is and how much a couch costs. So I bought one from Ikea. It doesn’t matter how much money I make, unfairness in prices really fires me up. Like shopping in L.A and a tee-shirt costs $150.”


Shopping is difficult: “A lot of anxiety comes from something as simple as me going to the grocery store because I don’t know what could happen and I have nightmares all the time that I’m walking through a shopping mall and suddenly people start surrounding me and there’s nowhere I can go. So sometimes it’s easier to call one of my friends and ask them to pick up some bananas for me because I don’t want to go to the grocery store and have an event. But it’s important to stay grounded, so I don’t know. I’m figuring it out. Or trying to. I’m still the same and I don’t feel any different but when the elevator doors open and everybody gasps, it’s an alienating feeling.”


Stop asking about her stolen photos: “I’ve talked about the experience to Vanity Fair and I feel I’ve said everything I have to say about i. Everybody who’s been through a terrible event knows you don’t really like talking about it.”


She knows her place in the universe: “I’m just an actress, not the leader of anything important. But being a role model is something I knew would come with this job and it’s something I have to be aware of. It’s not like I go out and go to discos and get crazy, but if young people are listening to me I have to be careful about what I’m saying, which is not my strong suit. So I’m trying to work on that.”


On people who kiss celebs’ butts: “I don’t really absorb any of that stuff because I don’t think it would be good for me. I love acting so I just show up for work and I film movies and I have to promote them and then I go home. And that’s about it.”



[From Telegraph]


Jennifer is still railing against the paparazzi and doesn’t understand why people pay so much attention to her. She has a point about our society’s priorities and how we value celebrities more than world leaders. But she shouldn’t be surprised since this is nothing new. A-list actors make so much money (more than world leaders) because they bring notoriety to their movies. Celebrity is part of that equation.


Let’s clean up the rest of the JLaw roundup with bulletpoints:


* The Hollywood Reporter has a bunch of career updates on JLaw. The Miracle Mop movie is still hung up on salary negotiations. The deal is expected to close and shoot in Boston with David O. Russell behind the camera. Scheduling may be difficult with X-Men: Apocalypse (which will revolve around Mystique and Magneto’s romance) on the horizon. JLaw’s Dumb and Dumber To cameo ended up on the cutting room floor, and it was her decision.


* Jennifer appeared on The Colbert Report and admitted to eating squirrel chili in Kentucky. PETA won’t be happy to hear JLaw talking about squirrels again. She also couldn’t stop giggling at the Colbert character, and you can see the video here.


* Jennifer popped into Woody Harrelson’s SNL monologue with Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson in tow. They all sang a Taylor Swift song. Woody greeted JLaw as “the real Taylor Swift.” I’m a little tired of musical SNL monologues, but Pajiba has the clip.


* OH. Here’s something interesting. Liam Hemsworth told Jimmy Fallon that kissing JLaw isn’t the most pleasant experience: “Anytime I had to kiss Jennifer was pretty uncomfortable. When you look at it on the outside, it looks like a great picture. But if we had a kissing scene, she would make a point of eating garlic or tuna fish or something that was disgusting.” At a Saturday press conference, JLaw insisted, “I gave him fair warning.


Jennifer Lawrence


Photos courtesy of Pacific Coast News & Fame/Flynet


Jennifer Lawrence: ‘I’m just an actress. People need to stop being a-holes’


Get the inside scoop on the latest gossip, entertainment, & celebrity news on SheKnows! Find celeb photos, videos & top stories.





More On :

Jennifer Lawrence: ‘I’m just an actress. People need to stop being a-holes’


#Hollywood

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar